Some ideas on how to improve feed costs on dairy farms …
- Consider adopting viable options by looking at feeding practices on dairy farms in countries with limited agricultural land. Especially considering your own resources, instead of pushing yourself and the animal for feeding, instead of spending more and getting more milk, you should get adequate amount of milk at reasonable cost which will reduce the burden on the farm budget. Health and reproduction problems will also be reduced.
- Selection of regional and domestic ingredients in feed ingredients with better rates and supply. This means keeping the feeding model simple and low cost. Whoever fulfills the need but does not get into trouble arbitrarily. In other words, instead of wasting time and money trying to make resources and problems of Pakistan and farming American, build your model by looking at your own problems and resources.
- Try to keep as many ingredients as possible in stock so that market fluctuations do not affect your expenses. Some farmers should buy stock together to buy at good rates.
- Towards the use of unconventional fodder and feed ingredients … Such as food beets, fruit pulps, etc.
- Buy and sell leftover vegetables and low-priced fruits from markets, markets and stores, chop and mix and use in feed.
- Explain how to deliver leftovers from homes, shops and hotels in your area that could be used in the feed to the farm.